It costs an average of €400,000 per annum to keep our doors open and almost 70 percent of those costs are generated through fundraising. We pride ourselves on having an active and energetic fundraising committee that works tirelessly to organise, plan and coordinate fundraising events right across the year. However, we are always looking for new ideas and support, whether someone wants to join our fundraising committee or organize an event for us.
If you or someone you know would be interested in supporting Recovery Haven Kerry in our fundraising efforts, have an idea that you feel would support our mission to provide free cancer support services to the people of Kerry, or would simply like to get involved in raising funds please call us today on 066 7192122 or email for more information on how to get involved.
Want to host a fundraising event but not sure where to start? Check out the Hints, Tips below for some great ideas:
Hints & Tips
We have listed a few pointers to help you plan your fundraising event or activity:
- Think about all the contacts you have and how they may be able to help you
- Put together a budget and think of ways to keep costs down. Approach businesses or individuals for gifts in kind, and think about what you can offer in return – publicity, free tickets to an event, and expertise
- Build a support team to assist. Consider your audience and how you can market to them and attract their attendance or involvement
- Check community or sporting calendars to ensure there are no major clashes with your event
- Have a contingency plan – particularly if the event is outdoors
- Always looks at other ways to raise more money out of your event, i.e. a raffle at a dinner, a silent auction, or a quiz night
Fundraising Event Proposal Form
PLEASE NOTE: Completing this Event Proposal Form does not automatically imply authorisation from the Recovery Haven Kerry to undertake the event on our behalf.